There is an extremely growing popularity of CBD because of its ability to provide relief from many health problems and its relaxation-inducing properties. With the growing popularity, there is also a growing concern regarding its safety, addiction, and overdosing.
It is your genuine concerns to know whether you can accidently lethally overdose with CBD due to any psychoactive addictions. You might also be wondering regarding the side effects of the substance if taken in higher doses.
CBD is considered rather safe. Let us discuss its risk profile in detail.
If the search on your browser, “where can I buy CBD oil?” has not given you any satisfactory results, you can always try genuine online sites such as JustCBD store. They are authentic and honest producers of hemp-derived CBD products with testing certification from third-party labs.
CBD oil- Overdosing and tolerance
While THC present in the cannabis plant extract can cause behavioral addiction, it cannot cause any form physical or motor function addictions. Hemp-derived cannabinoids have a very low concentration of THC (<0.3%) making it very safe and non-intoxicating.
This can bring a sigh of relief to the users of CBD oil. Therefore, you can reap the benefits without worrying about drug addiction buzz as with other mind-altering substances. Fatal over dosage with CBD is not possible.
Some of the facts that would help you in clearing your doubts regarding the safe use of CBD oil are:
- CBD has a reverse tolerance effect. This implies that long-term CBD use does not build up dose tolerance
- On the other hand, with consistent use you will get better relief even at a very low dose.
- CBD does not bind to endocannabinoid receptors directly and allows the body to make its own receptor over a period of time.
- This property of CBD makes its safe for withdrawal without causing any intoxicating and debilitating withdrawal effects.
- The dose will depends on various factors and you will need to find out the correct dose for you by trial and error.
- CBD is safe even at doses as high as 1500 mg per day.
- Absence of cannabinoids receptor in brain stem prevents it from causing any fatality because it cannot block basic survival functions such as breathing.
Thus, we can infer that CBD is mostly safe and has a good tolerance in human beings. It cannot cause any serious internal damages leading to death. However, at high doses (especially CBD products high in THC like marijuana derived cannabis) it can still produce various side-effects such as:
- Dryness of mouth.
- Dizziness and lethargy.
- Feeling of sedation.
- A sudden drop in the blood pressure.
Everyone will respond differently at various dosages. You need to start with a low dose and gradually increase it to see the tolerance limits of your own body.
Always consult a doctor if you face any side effects and reduce the dose to a safer limit. Always check for THC concentration of the product before buying. Choose a seller who can give authentic third-party laboratory confirmation regarding the THC concentration and source of their CBD products.